5.11.2011

Such a miracle!

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb...Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them."
Psalm 139:13, 16

When I heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday, I felt so many different emotions. Relief, amazement, excitement, anticipation, etc. I've felt pretty crummy, so I assumed everything was going okay with the pregnancy, but you just never really know until you hear the sound of that heartbeat. What a beautiful sound it is!

As I looked at the ultrasound picture off and on last night and then throughout today, I couldn't help but stand in awe of our God! I realize I'm hormonal right now, but the thought of our little 10 week old having a strong heartbeat just brings tears to my eyes! I mean, there's no face, tiny arm and leg "buds" (as the doctor called them...which by the way, we apparently have a "wiggly" baby - another one of the dr.'s terms!), no sign of what the sex will be yet, no real organs yet, BUT a very strong heartbeat. And this can only be seen or heard through an internal machine. When I look down at my stomach right now, I don't see any real changes, I don't feel any movement, but deep down under the layers there is a little life that is being knit together by the Almighty God. I realize I've already carried one of these little lives, but once again, I am completely humbled that He would choose me to birth one of His creations. A child who has a future and a hope. A child who, I pray with all my heart, will proclaim His name to the ends of the earth. A child who is formed in His image and for His purpose.

Baby Bramlett #2, Mama and Daddy love you so much already! We are so excited that God chose us to be your parents! We know that He has an amazing plan for your life, and we can't wait to be a part of it! Rest in His arms as He forms each and every part of your sweet little body. Because He is perfect, there will be no mistakes, and you will be one of His prized creations! We can't wait for December when we'll get to hold you for the first time and kiss your precious face! Until then, know that we will do everything we can to protect you. Your big brother, Riley, says "hi" and loves you...I know he can't wait to play with you! Keep growing strong and healthy, and we'll see you soon! All my love, Mama

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry, thanks a lot! ;) I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete