6.25.2011

Summertime!

I remember when I heard we were moving to Northeast Texas, I foolishly got excited because we were moving "north" and summers wouldn't be so hot. What was I thinking? Oh yeah, I obviously wasn't! :) Welcome to Northeast Texas where the thermometer hangs out around 100 degrees every day! This type of weather, being pregnant, and attempting to entertain a 23-month-old (can you believe he's going to be 2 in less than a month??) on a daily basis are a difficult combination! So, we've been spending a lot of time in the water. Thankfully, there are several church members who have graciously offered their pools, and we've taken them up on those offers!

Showing off his new shirt and trunks, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa!
His new thing is to intentionally look away from the camera when he knows I'm trying to take a picture...oh the joys of a little one discovering independence. :)
Having fun with the sprinkler in the backyard
He sat in this position for at least 15 minutes - it made my knees hurt so badly!
He loved riding in the 'boat'! And, it gave mama's arms a rest!
I got this floaty at our local grocery store. It works better than just arm floaties, but still requires lots of attention from mama. He is learning to kick, though, and to him that is 'swimming.' :)
Fun with friends
At another friend's house this past week. The big kids wanted Riley to get in the big pool, but he was content in his personal-sized one. :)
Love this boy! He makes my heart smile every day.

Here's to staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment