7.14.2011

Exciting Days

I am listening to the most glorious sound right now - RAIN! We have needed it so desperately, and I'm so thankful the Lord decided today was the day.

Today was also the 5th and final day of our church's 2011 Vacation Bible School. For my 2nd year in a row, I taught the missions rotation for the week. The difference this year...I had a helper! And what a great helper she was! We had a lot of fun (and many laughs) teaching the kindergarten through 5th graders, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved it was over. :) I am completely exhausted! Every day Riley and I came home and just crashed. He had a great week at 'Bible Cool' (he has some trouble getting the 'S' out), too! He was able to spend a lot of time with his daddy and he also had fun playing and learning in the nursery. Although, last night (Wednesday) about an hour before church was to start, I said, "Riley, do you want to go see Ms. Bobbie [nursery worker] tonight or stay home?" Without even taking a breath, he said, "Stay home!" Ha! So me and my boy enjoyed a quiet evening in our own home with his own toys...and what a happy boy he was! :)

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day! Daniel, Riley and I will go at 11:00 am for the ultrasound where they will check the baby's development and hopefully be able to tell us if it's a boy or girl! We are so excited! My main prayer is that the baby is healthy and developing just as he/she should. Finding out the sex is a bonus, but I won't be at ease until I see both arms and legs, a healthy heart, a good-sized head, etc. One thing is for sure, this baby is active! I felt him/her for the first time a week and a half ago when Daniel was preaching about Jesus being the Bread of Life (pretty appropriate, if you ask me!), and since then I've felt him/her off and on. Yesterday, though, there was a period of time where he/she was doing sommersaults in my belly! You can ask anyone who knows me well...I'm not a huge fan of being pregnant (ok, really I don't like it at all), BUT I absolutely love being able to feel the little life inside of me. That is priceless!

And in case you're wondering, we really don't have a preference as to whether it's a boy or girl. I will say that I've had two dreams so far where the baby was a boy, and in the past I've been known for having dreams come true. So, we'll see! No worries...I'll post tomorrow afternoon to update you all on what we found out. :)

For now, though, I think I'm going to curl up on the couch with a good book and continue enjoying the sounds of this amazing thunderstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment