8.19.2011

24 weeks

Yesterday marked 24 weeks of a baby growing in my belly. I realize to most my belly does not look like it's grown much (experienced the same thing with Riley), but just since I returned from Africa last week (many more posts on that to come), I've noticed a big difference. See, I have a really long torso, so my babies are pretty well hidden. In fact, when I was 9 months pregnant with Riley (in case you missed it, that's pretty close to the point when the baby enters the world), one person said, "Oh, I didn't realize you were pregnant!" Hello?!?! I guess that was meant to be a compliment, but sometimes I wish my stomach would just jump out so I don't hear the constant, "you don't even look pregnant!" Ok, enough of that soapbox...

Apparently Riley has noticed a difference in my body. (I apologize if you read this on my Facebook page, but not all of my blog readers have FB.) Yesterday we had just finished lunch and Riley was talking about colors. Daniel said, "Riley, what color are you?" And Riley replied, "pink." So Daniel said, "What color is Daddy?" And Riley replied, "red." Then Daniel said, "What color is Mama?" Riley looked at me, hesitated for a few seconds and then said, "Mama's heavy!" WOW! I mean, I realize at the age of 2 he really had no clue what he just said, but I will be honest and tell you that I teared up for a couple of seconds after hearing this. It was just one of those days, and his innocent comment got to me. No, I don't think my son was calling me fat or trying to be mean...pregnancy hormones kicked in when I should have just bust out laughing! To top it off, today right before lunch, Riley was sitting in his chair shouting over and over (unprompted, mind you), "Mama's heavy! Mama's heavy!" Out of the mouths of babes... :)

Besides being tired, which I can't determine if that's still from jet-lag or pregnancy, I feel pretty good. The nausea has gone away, praise the Lord! I still have pretty rough heartburn, but that will continue until this sweet one enters the world. Zantac 150 is currently one of my closest friends. Tums run a close second. :) I went to the Dr. this past Tuesday and found out my next ultrasound will be September 13. If we don't find out the sex of the baby then, it looks like we'll be waiting until early December for the reveal. I know that millions of women have waited and been just fine, but this Type A personality is about to go crazy! I want to plan, I want to decorate, I want to begin collecting girl clothes if we need girl clothes, etc. I'm praying hard that the baby will be very cooperative on the 13th! All prayers are appreciated! :) Until then, I will just continue enjoying feeling the very active little one inside and thank God each day for a healthy baby that's right on track. Really, in the end, that's all that matters anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment