11.21.2009

Hands

This month has been a bit hectic, and I apologize for my lack of blogging. My boss hired my replacement, so I've spent the past week training her a couple hours a day and then coming home to full-time mommyhood. :) I'm definitely looking forward to only having one job...soon and very soon! Don't get me wrong, I will miss working in the Professional Doctoral Office (especially chatting with my sweet co-worker, Anna), but it's been a bit challenging to juggle everything. I've always heard people say that being a stay-at-home-mom is a full time job, but I'm realizing just how true that statement is! When you go to an office and work, you can forget about what needs to be done at home and just be there. When your office IS your home, there's ALWAYS something that needs to be done...washing bottles, laundry, cleaning, dishes, dirty diapers, cooking, etc. etc. etc.

That was a bit of a tangent, so on to the subject of this post...

First of all, Riley has found his fingers and absolutely loves sucking them...especially the two middle ones. The other day I laid him on my bed while I was getting dressed and it was almost time for his bottle. He started to get very upset (and when he gets upset, he gets UPSET!). The usual screaming ensued. What has happened in the past is he will scream bloody murder until the bottle is in his mouth. However, we had a breakthrough this day!! He screamed for less than a minute and then the house fell silent. I could not believe my ears! When I went back to get him, he was happy as a lark laying there sucking his two middle fingers. The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when He included fingers in the creation plan. :)

Often when I am feeding my favorite little boy, he will hold my fingers. It is the sweetest thing, and I absolutely love looking at his little hands. To think that those tiny objects will one day be as big (if not bigger!) than mine! Looking back at this picture reminds me of the promises our Lord gives us in Isaiah 49:10 and John 10:27-28.

Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands...
Is. 49:10

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. Jn. 10:27-28


I am so thankful that I am engraved on the palm of HIS hands and no one will ever be able to snatch me out of them! I pray with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength that one day Riley will too be able to claim these promises. As I wait for that day, I will continue to pray for him and take every opportunity possible to tell him about his Heavenly Father who loves him more than Mommy or Daddy ever possibly could!

No comments:

Post a Comment