2.27.2012

1/4 of a year



Yesterday I turned 3 months old! Mama says since I'm trying so hard to talk and be a big girl, I can just write my own blog post. I really do wish everyone could understand me! I try so hard to tell them what is going on in my brain, but so far no one knows what I'm saying. Oh well. One day!

I definitely have a mind of my own! Apparently Mama didn't have much trouble getting my big brother on a schedule when he was around my age. I say poo on schedules! Sometimes I can go 3 hours between meals, other times 4 hours, and then there are the times I really throw her off by only being able to go 2 hours! Oh, and if I'm not hungry, I will not eat. I'm not rude about it, though. I smile and make a cute little cooing sound if I don't want my bottle. About 2 weeks ago I started sleeping through the night. Mama and Daddy were so excited! The last few nights, though, I've woken up in the middle of the night starving! I can't help it - I just have to eat right then!

Speaking of eating, I love gnawing on my hands! Mama thinks I might be teething. I'm not sure what that means, but I know my fingers sure do taste good! I used to suck on a pacifier, but I'm not interested in it anymore. My hands do the trick!

I don't want to brag, but Mama says I am a really good baby. I only cry when I'm hungry, sleepy or need a clean diaper. Otherwise, I'm content sitting in my papasan chair or laying on my play mat. Speaking of my play mat, I love when my brother gets down on it with me. He's such a fun and sweet big brother! He's always trying to take care of me, and I like that. Today I was sitting in his room with Mama and I gave him the biggest smile. When I looked at Mama, I'm pretty sure I saw a few tears in her eyes.

Yesterday I went to the church nursery for the first time. I've really enjoyed being in the services with Mama, but I think I started talking too much. I just get so excited when I hear my daddy up there talking to all those people! I want to join in on the fun! I guess I'll just have to start having fun with some of the other kids in the nursery.

Well, it's past my bedtime and my fingers are starting to hurt a little, so I guess I better wrap this up. I sure am thankful for the past 13 weeks that I've gotten to spend on this earth. I can't wait to see what the next month will hold! Maybe by then at least one person will understand what I'm trying to tell them!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I always wondered what a baby thinks. Now, I know. Thanks, Ella.

    ReplyDelete