12.21.2012

1st Birthday

We were without internet last week because apparently our extender, which is located in the garage so it can pick up signal from the church, does not like real cold weather. And last week it was very cold. This week? Back in the 70's...well, that is until today when the high was in the 50's. And that's why everyone I know has a runny nose. But, I'm chasing rabbits. All of this to say, I've been wanting to post on the blog but haven't been able to. So now that Ella's almost 13 months old, I guess I'll go ahead and write about her 1st birthday. :)

On Riley's 1st birthday I made him blueberry muffins (from a package - I cheated), so I decided to make it a tradition each year. When Ella's 1st birthday came along, I thought, why not? So, out came the Martha White blueberry muffin mix.

"What did you say this is?"

"And what am I supposed to do with it?"

Sweet girl's a bit more picky as to what she'll stick into her mouth, so they weren't quite as big of a hit as they were with her brother. Oh well, there's always next year!

Thankfully, my mother (the baker) was here to help me prepare for Ella's party. We decided to keep her celebration pretty low-key by having a few close friends over for dinner and cupcakes.


Ella got her own mini-loaf cake. Stay tuned to find out how she liked it compared to the muffin...

My mother-in-law found these "Ella" balloons several months ago. Both kiddos LOVED playing with them. In fact, a couple are STILL filled with air...almost a month later! That's a good quality balloon, I'd say!

Is it just me, or does Riley look way too old here?! Slow down, time!!!


The goodies table

Happy Birthday, dear Ella! Happy Birthday to you!

 "Once again they've put something in front of me that I have no clue what to do with!"

"So they cut it up...now what?"

Daddy stepped in to help out

"You expect me to do what with this?!"

Ella's over the cake and Riley just wants to eat her cake since one cupcake was obviously not enough for him!

"Okay, people...what's next on the agenda?"

Presents!

Gigi's tradition (Daniel's grandmother) is to send a dollar for every year the child is turning. Ella received her first dollar!

She got a cute (warm!) outfit from Ya Ya

Her first Cabbage Patch doll from our sweet friends, the Cody's (and they were thoughtful enough to find one that's named Ella! how fun is that?!)


Our friends, Lee (music minister at the church) and Jeannie gave her this soft purple bear. She loves to scoot around with it and give it kisses.



Her Uncle Chad, Auntie Jill & cousin CJ gave her this fun, talking picnic basket.

And Grandpa & Grandma gave her a toy that's supposed to help her as she learns to walk. We're still waiting for the day when she'll stand. :)

She was so adorable...she wanted to play with all of her toys immediately!

Ella with two of her biggest fans, Lee & Jeannie

Our sweet friends, the Cody family - Andy, Lena & Jamie

I'm horrible and didn't get a picture of Ella with my parents on her birthday, but here's one we took a couple of days later!

I'm still in denial that this little lady is 1! I am so thankful for the last year we've had with her, though. She has definitely made our house more exciting! I wouldn't trade watching her interact with her big brother for all the money in the world! They are two precious gifts we don't deserve, but how thankful I am that God chose us to be their parents!

We love you SO much, Ella Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment