8.31.2009

The Many Faces of Riley Bramlett

I could sit all day and watch our son, especially when he's first waking up. He makes the funniest faces! Daniel's grandmother kept saying I should take pictures of them, but every time he started to do them, I realized my camera was in another room, or in the diaper bag, or...you get the picture (no pun intended!). Finally, just the other day I caught him in the act! So, I'll quit babbling now and let you see some of what I get to experience on a daily basis.

Before you think I'm cruel, I don't enjoy watching my son cry, but I had to include this picture because even though I don't like to hear him cry, he's pretty cute when he does!

And now begins the pics of him waking up just the other day...


In other news, I started back to work today. I'm working half days this week and will go back full-time the day after Labor Day. I thought it would be really difficult to leave him this morning for 4 hours, but honestly it wasn't. Does that make me a bad mom?! :) First of all, I knew he was going to be with his father the whole time, so that definitely made me comfortable leaving. Also, I needed to restore a bit of "normalcy" in my life. One can only watch so much "Price is Right" before going crazy! I know my life will never be the same as it was before sweet Riley, but for me, going to work helped me to see that there are a few aspects of my life (not many!) that did not completely change when our son was born. I've never been a huge fan of change, so this whole experience has been quite an adjustment. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely adore Riley, and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, but motherhood is difficult and draining at times. He's completely worth all of it, of course...it's just so much more than I imagined it would be. Daniel asked me the other day when I wanted to have our next child. I quickly responded, "Not anytime soon!" lol! I definitely need some more time to adjust to this first one. Speaking of the little man...he's ready to eat, and when that time comes, it's wise not to dilly dally doing my own thing, if you know what I mean! :) More updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment