1.20.2012

2.5 today


This handsome boy is 2 1/2 years old today! Can't even believe it! He is such a blessing from the Lord. He brings smiles to our faces and laughter to our mouths every single day - usually multiple times a day! His vocabulary and language skills constantly leave us speechless. I have to remind myself all the time that he's 2, not 5! Of course, when those fun tantrums begin it's a nice, quick reminder! Although, those are thankfully becoming few and far between.

I recently read here about a 5-year journal for mothers where you write a short snippet each day. I love this because I'm able to pick one thing each day to record, and I don't feel pressured to write a lot because there are only a few lines per day. Riley is constantly saying one-liners that we don't want to forget, and this is the perfect way to be able to look back on his funny sayings in 10, 20, 30 years. If you're a mommy, I highly recommend one of these!

Riley-bug, we are so thankful for you! You made our world such a better place when you entered it 30 months ago! You are the best big brother I've ever seen, and I look forward to the years to come when you and Ella will have lots of fun together. I have so much fun watching you learn and grow each day. Your comprehension of what's going on around you absolutely amazes me. I pray you use the brain God has given you for His glory! If you're willing, He will use you in ways none of us could ever imagine! I love you with my whole heart, and I am so proud of the little boy you are! Always, Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment