6.30.2012

7 months


Time continues to march on, and this little lady has now seen 7 months of life in our house. Such a sweet girl, but man can she be stubborn! The saying, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is SO true! Both Daniel and I are stubborn, so our children received a double-dose. :) We're still working on enjoying solid foods. I basically have to force-feed her. Once the food gets in her mouth, she'll swallow it, but the difficulty is in trying to get her to open her mouth so I can put the food in! Honestly, it's my least favorite part of mommy-hood right now. But, we're persevering and trusting that "this too shall pass."

In other news, her two middle bottom teeth popped through this past month! At the same time! No wonder she was SO fussy for about a week! You can't see them in the picture below, but this was my attempt to get a pic of the inside of her mouth. At least it's a close-up of her adorable face :)

Such a happy girl!

Strike a pose

She's getting so big! 
I love the quilt she's laying on. It was specially made for Ella by a relative of a lady in our church. A true treasure she'll use for years to come!

And she still has hilarious expressions!

I always wanted blue eyes. If I couldn't have them, I'm thankful my kids could!
 

A friend is letting us borrow this before it heads to our church nursery. Ella is having a great time exploring all the activities.

I told them both to look up (at me), and this is what I got from Riley. Such a great big brother, though! And Ella is still working on sitting up unassisted. We practiced some yesterday, and she's starting to get it, but she really loves laying on her back and KICKING those legs!

She's still not sure what to think of Daddy without hair. One of our sweet friends is going through chemo right now, so Daniel shaved his head this week to support her. Every time he walks in the house, Riley says, "Daddy, do you still have your hair cut??"

Ella boo, we love you SO much!!! Your precious personality is really shining through these days, and it's fun to watch. You love to play, play, play, and sometimes, you just start laughing out loud when you're playing by yourself. I would love to know what's going through that brain of yours! Your daddy, brother, and I love to laugh, too, so you fit right in! You are a petite thing, but I can tell you're growing and healthy. You've finally started drinking more than just 4 oz at a time. A couple bottles a day have 6 oz in them. You're still in size 3 diapers, but you're moving up to 6-9 month clothing.

We are so thankful for you, Elizabeth Grace Bramlett!

No comments:

Post a Comment