6.12.2012

Still in love

In December I posted about 2 of our favorite Christmas gifts. I'm definitely still in love with mine, and I am happy to report that Riley is still overjoyed with his guitar. I took this picture just last week.


Most children, including ours, receive a gift, are excited about it for a few days, and then once the newness wears off, the gift gets thrown in the toy box and pulled back out several months later - if ever. This guitar has never seen the darkness of the toy box. It's been 6 months, and while there have been some days when the guitar sat by itself in the living room all day, those days have been few and far between. Just within the last week, Riley has been logging many minutes (not quite hours, yet!) of play-time. His favorite thing is for me to turn on a children's Bible songs cd in the kitchen and he "plays along" with the music. Also, when we're riding in the car listening to the radio, he can pick out the songs with guitars in them. I can't wait for the day when he'll be old enough to take lessons! I really believe God will use Riley's love for guitars for HIS glory! Can't wait to sit by and watch it all unfold!

In the meantime, here are some videos (mostly for the grandparents) of the future guitarist. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment