4.03.2013

#966 - Redeemed

I am Redeemed


We sang this in the youth worship service tonight. Normally Riley goes to his TeamKids class, but tonight he looked at me and asked if he could stay with me. When I thought about what we'd be doing (worshiping through song and a message), I thought, how can I say no? I want my son to see his parents and others worshiping our Lord. I want him to know what it means to worship. 

So he stayed, and he was absolutely precious. He stood on his chair so he could see the band (we sit in the back), and he clapped when he was supposed to clap and stood still during the slower songs. Man, I wish I knew what was going through his mind most of the time!

When we got home from church, he immediately put on his acoustic guitar and began singing what I like to call "Riley originals." Basically, he strums and makes up the songs as he goes. Sometimes they make sense, and other times not so much. After a couple of Riley originals (which, by the way, he was almost screaming because he wanted to be loud like the band was loud...), he all of a sudden busted out with "I am redeemed. You set me free..." I was shocked! I mean, he's heard the song on the radio before, but I didn't realize he knew it well enough to sing most of the chorus correctly.

And then my heart began to cry out to God - Oh please, Lord! Redeem Riley one day! Please let him experience what it means to say he's been set free and no longer bound by chains of fear and regret! Save my son, Lord! Draw him to yourself, Holy Spirit. Thank you that he already knows who You are. I can't wait for the day when his head knowledge will become a heart knowledge! And thank You, Lord, that I am redeemed so I can share Your love and life with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment