9.04.2013

#924 - Fishing

Afternoon with Daddy

National holidays really don't mean a lot for a pastor and his family. Yes, the church office was closed on Monday for Labor Day, but when emergencies occur, "holidays" are put on hold. One of our dear friends and church members entered the presence of the Lord this past Friday, and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. The burial was out of town so Daniel's day was filled.
So, Tuesday afternoon, Riley and Daddy headed out on a fishing date! Daniel waited until after lunch to tell Riley they were going, and I wish I had taken a picture of Riley's face! He just kept saying, "This is going to be so awesome!" and then, "Mama, this means I get to skip quiet time (his afternoon rest time) today!" 

Daniel bought a small fishing boat at a metal scrapyard a while ago, and after having it worked on by a welder-friend, it was ready yesterday for the maiden voyage.

I really don't know what to tell you about my husband's hat...

You think he was a little excited???

1st catch of the day!

Riley's 1st fish!

They had a blast, and I am so thankful for the time they were able to spend together! Ella napped the whole time they were gone, so we didn't really have "girl" time, but I'm looking forward to the years ahead when we will get to! Such sweet memories that I know both boys will always cherish!

No comments:

Post a Comment