2.13.2009

We're moving!

As I stated in the description of this blog, things are constantly changing with the Bramlett's! The latest and greatest news is that we've been assigned to a two-bedroom apartment here on campus that we can move into anytime after today! Ever since Hurricane Katrina, there's been a bit of a housing crisis here at NOBTS, so the day after we found out we were pregnant, we contacted the housing office and requested to be put on the list to move to a two-bedroom. The apartment we're in now, Willingham 222, is wonderful, but only consists of about 414 square feet...not quite big enough for 3 of us! We didn't expect to hear so soon from the housing office, but a family who was supposed to move into our new apartment decided to get a place off-campus, so that opened it up for us! Because it was such short notice, and we haven't started packing a THING, we're going to pack this next week and move next weekend. I'd be lying if I said I was excited about the packing/moving process, but I am VERY excited about the end result so I know that will get me through the tedious and tiring task (like the alliteration?!) of getting our stuff from one place to the next. Below is a picture of the outside of where we'll be moving to. Technically, our building is the one to the left of this one, but all of the apartments are the same and this was the only picture I could find on the seminary website. :) Don't worry, there will be more pictures to come once we've gotten the key and started moving in.


In other exciting news, Baby Bean is the size of an avocado this week...4 1/2 inches long. My energy has definitely picked up, but my stomach still does not like the whole pregnancy thing. Hopefully it will get on board soon with the rest of my body! The 2nd trimester is supposed to be the most glorious, and I want to enjoy it as much as possible before the really uncomfortable days arrive! :) I called and scheduled our 20-week ultrasound this week. On Friday, March 13th, we will get to see our precious one and hopefully find out if it's a little Daniel or a little Laura! We are so excited and can't wait to share the news with all of you!

That's about all the excitement I have to share today! I hope you all have a great weekend and Valentine's Day! Know that we love you and are so thankful for your presence in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Laura! I can't believe you have a blog and I didn't know about it. I'm adding you to my subscriptions, and looking forward to watching your little avocado keep growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, congratulations on the new apartment! Secondly, an avocado is really a good fruit to be, b/c it's super good and grows rampantly in Guatemala. Finally, March 13th is an awesome day to find out about Baby Bramlett b/c it's my spiritual birthday! So, I'm a bit selfish this way, but I'm glad to feel like a part of this journey for y'all. :) Love you and talk to ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete