9.28.2009

Rolling and Flirting

Friday night when I got home from work, Daniel told me about how Riley tried to roll over in his crib earlier in the day. I said, "Aww, I'm so afraid he's going to do it while I'm at work!" He suggested I put Riley on his belly right then and see what happened. So, I laid a blanket on the floor, placed my 9 week old (yes, I said 9 week old!) on his belly and I cannot tell a lie...within 5 seconds he had rolled from his stomach to his back! He did it so quickly that I didn't even have time to get the video camera out! What a sweet boy that he would roll over for the first time while his mama was home! :) I tried several times throughout the weekend to get him to do it again (and had the camera ready each time!), but he said once was enough for now! Hopefully I can catch him on video sometime soon and share the exciting visual with all of you! I have to laugh at myself right about now because I can remember before I had children thinking parents were a little too "focused" on their child when they celebrated things like this...oh how life changes when it's your own child!

Yesterday I took Riley over to a friend's house to visit their daughter, Maleah, who was born exactly 4 weeks after him (to the day, and almost to the hour!). Maleah's mom, Tracy, and I became great friends throughout our pregnancies (we were 2 weeks apart then, but Riley was born early and Maleah a little late). She worked on campus like me, at the time, so we emailed back and forth several times a week to see how the other was doing and share pregnancy experiences. It's hard to believe that our babies are now 6 and 10 weeks old! Anyway, here's some pics from Riley's first "playdate." :)

Riley's thinking, "Who is this?!" and Maleah's just having a great time sticking out her tongue!

Look at that pouty face! But can you see Riley's hand on her shoulder?! Too cute!

Tracy and I were laughing so hard by this point!

That's a little better! Maleah is still content with sitting by a boy and Riley's getting used to the younger woman. :) And yes, his shirt does say, "Available for Playdates." His silly mommy put it on him with this visit in mind. :)

I'm going to leave you with a pretty urgent prayer request. The short and sweet of it...Daniel's grandmother has been staying with us since I went back to work. She has been an INCREDIBLE help! However, she is leaving to go back to Arkansas next Tuesday, Oct. 6, and we're still not sure who will care for Riley a few hours out of the week. We've figured everything out except for Tues/Thur mornings between 8 and 11. Daniel has two classes back-to-back, and I, obviously, have work. So, please pray with us that the Lord will very clearly show us what to do. We're determined not to put him in daycare, but still not sure of the logistics. We'd really appreciate your prayers! I will update you on the plan once it's been revealed to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment