5.07.2010

Still Alive

We're still here, and Riley's still growing like a weed! He's 9 1/2 months now, and I can hardly believe how quickly he's approaching his first birthday! I could make a ton of excuses as to why it's been so long since I've posted, but really the main reason is because I still don't have regular internet access. We're working on getting it at home, but it's a S L O W process! So, for now I get online about once a week. Unfortunately, the blog has not been at the top of the priority list. But, enough about that...

We absolutely love our church, home, and the people of Hughes Springs! We talk all the time about how it feels like we've lived here forever! The people have completely welcomed us with open arms. The church members are excited about ministry and willing to do any and everything asked of them. Such a breath of fresh air!!! Daniel is definitely in his element, and loving every minute of his job. Riley and I enjoy strolling around town, visiting Daddy at church, playing outside, visiting the closest grocery store in the next town over, and running through Sonic during happy hour. :) I've gotten to speak about my missions experiences at two church events so far, and I'll speak again next month. It's been fun teaching the people about what God is doing in other parts of the world. I'm looking forward to the day when I'll be able to take a group on a mission trip to another part of the world!

We added a member to our family...no, I'm not pregnant, and no, we did not get a dog...

Our newest vehicle is a 1966 Chevrolet truck. In Daniel's short 29 (almost 30, I might add!) years, he has owned 29 or 30 vehicles. We're not sure of the exact count, but this truck is either #29 or #30...when we figure it out, we'll let you know! Either way, that's a lot of vehicles! The camper shell came with the truck, but we will be selling it on Craig's List, so if you're interested, let me know! :) The truck is in wonderful condition and runs great. I'm excited about it because my husband is SO excited about it! And, with any old truck he buys, there's always some sort of project(s) that needs to be done. The first one he tackled on this one was re-doing the wooden bed. The original wood had rotted, so he and Lee (our music minister) replaced the bed.

It's about time for me to head back to the house, but I wanted to leave y'all with something that I hope will make you smile and maybe even laugh a little. :) There is nothing sweeter than a baby's laughter...

1 comment:

  1. This is the CUTEST video!! His laugh is contagious!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete