3.28.2013

#968 - March 28

Today

Today I'm thankful for today. Sounds weird, I know, but today is my birthday, and as I sat here trying to think of one thing I was thankful for, I just couldn't narrow it down to one. So, I'm simply thankful for the whole day. :)
It began as our typical Thursdays do by going to Community Bible Study in Mt. Pleasant. The church where we meet plants these gorgeous tulips every year. On a beautiful spring day like today, pictures were a must!

Here are the kids with sweet Iylene. She rides with us each week and she's an adoptive grandmother to them. I don't have time or room to list ALL Iylene has done for our family. She is such a blessing!

 Ella was d.o.n.e. by this point. She misses her morning nap on Thursdays, and she was more than ready to get in the car and fall asleep! And I'm not really sure what Riley was daydreaming about.

 Aren't they amazing?!

When we got home the kiddos went to their rooms for nap time/rest time. 3 of my sweet friends randomly came over (1 to drop off an amazing cake she made me - and I forgot to get a picture with her!). My friend, Jamie, and I are almost birthday twins. She was born on the 27th, so it was very fitting for us to share some birthday cake together.

And then there's Becky (the kids call her B.B.). She took me under her wing the minute we moved to Hughes Springs. Love her!

After the fun time with friends and a piece of yummy cake, I enjoyed some time alone. When Daniel got home and the kids woke up, we headed to Longview to cash in a gift certificate for Texas Roadhouse. I forgot how DELICIOUS that place is!

 You can't tell from the picture, but even Ella enjoyed her meal. :)

I got the 1/2 rack of ribs, veggies and salad. A lot of it came home with me, and I'm excited to get to experience it again tomorrow!

Besides the food, my 2nd favorite thing about the meal was watching Riley enjoy the food and atmosphere. He kept saying, "I've never been to this Cowboy Restaurant before!" and "This food is so good, Mama!" and "I'm so glad we came here tonight! Are you?" So precious!

Daniel and I will go on a date Saturday night, but tonight it was important to us that our whole family celebrate together. And I'm so thankful we did!

And then there's my gifts from the hubs...first, a box of imported Swiss chocolates! I've only tried one so far, but oh. my. goodness. Melt in your mouth chocolate! Amazing! Such a thoughtful gift - my hubby definitely knows what I love!

And then this shirt. Daniel designed and ordered it himself. Funny and again, thoughtful.

The day ended with Daniel and I watching 2 episodes of Downton Abbey courtesy of Netflix. Before we started it, though, we put the kids to bed. While I was cleaning up the kitchen, Daniel called me over to listen to Riley's monitor so I could hear what he was singing. As he was falling asleep he sang the chorus of "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman

Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before, O my soul
Worship His holy name, Worship His holy name

What a way to end the day!

So, as you can see, my 25th birthday (ha ha!) was wonderful and very blessed! Thank you, Lord, for showing me so much love in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment