3.04.2013

#975 - Children's books

This Book

Today I am thankful for this book. Why? Because every time I read it to my kids (which has been a lot lately!), I get to share the Gospel in a very kid-friendly way. Riley found this book on his bookshelf a couple of weeks ago, and since then, we've read it multiple times. He is so excited about Easter this year - and not just because we get to dye Easter eggs (try explaining the difference between the word 'die' and 'dye' to a 3-year-old...a little bit challenging!). He knows we'll be celebrating Christ's resurrection first and foremost. 

I do have to share a funny moment from this afternoon, though. As we were about to read the book, he asked if we would go to church on Easter. I said yes because it's a Sunday and we get to celebrate Jesus coming back to life. He then said, "We're going to kill him at the church?!" LOL. Oh, I love the sweet, innocent brain of a child!

I also realized today when I turned the book over that I purchased this book while living as a missionary in South Africa in 2004. I don't remember for sure, but I'm guessing I bought it to read to the children I led in Bible study each week. I never dreamed almost 10 years ago that I'd one day be reading the same book to my own children! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment