3.02.2013

#976 - dotMOM

dotMOM Conference 2013


This past weekend I was privileged to take 14 women from our church to the dotMOM Conference in Dallas. It was absolutely amazing! Not only did it come at the EXACT time I needed it, but I loved every minute I was able to spend with these hilarious, fun-loving ladies! I see them week in and week out at church, but an hour or two a week just doesn't compare to spending over 36 hours together! We laughed together, cried together, felt conviction from the Lord together, worshiped together, shopped together, talked together until midnight, and so much more! I am so thankful for each one and that the Lord placed us together at FBC Hughes Springs.

If you are a mom and you've never heard of dotMOM, you MUST check it out! The next conference will be September 20-21 in Chattanooga, TN. You have plenty of time now to save up some money and make plans to attend! And no, this conference is not just for young moms. It is for mom's of all ages with children of all ages!


There weren't just women at the conference. There was a small handful of men who helped out with some of the breakout sessions. (L to R) Travis Cottrell (worship leader),Jerry Shirer (husband of Priscilla Shirer) David Thomas from Daystar Counseling in Nashville, and John Croyle, founder of Big Oak Ranch. Also, if you've heard of Melanie Shankle (author of Sparkly Green Earrings) she's on the far right. She was one of the hostesses for the event.

Samaritan's Purse asked this woman to share about Operation Christmas Child. She is originally from Romania. She grew up in an orphanage there, and when she was 12 years old, volunteers from OCC brought shoe boxes to her orphanage to distribute. The lady who gave her a shoe box ended up adopting her 2 years later. Incredible story!

LifeWay bookstore was there (along with about 15 other exhibitors), and they had a huge area set up with items to buy. I definitely had to practice self-control!

Priscilla Shirer speaking. This was my first time to hear her. WOW! That's about all I know to say.

Travis Cottrell and his praise band led worship. They definitely ushered us into the throne room of God!

I can't say it enough. If you are a mom of any age, I urge you to find a dotMOM conference near you (they occur twice a year) and attend! If I could, I would make my way over to Chattanooga in the fall and go again this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment