11.23.2010

1st REAL haircut

Riley got his first REAL haircut today. Why, you may ask, am I calling it a REAL haircut? Well, I can't believe I didn't write about this, but back in August Daniel decided to take it upon himself to cut Riley's hair. I guess I was so mortified by the outcome that I didn't want to sit down and have to type out the story...you know, if it's on paper (or in this case, the screen), it all becomes much more real! I did post pictures on facebook, so if you somehow missed those, click here and you'll see why I was not too happy with my husband. :)

Anyway, today I took him to a professional! She's one of our church members and we're becoming great friends. She has a lot of experience cutting children's hair, so when Riley sat on my lap and screamed in her face, she wasn't alarmed. :) Yes, that's right, this experience probably won't go on Riley's list of favorite things he's ever done. Thanks to a sweet lady in the salon who played peek-a-boo with him and the ever-faithful goldfish, we made it through the experience without screaming the ENTIRE time. And don't worry, his curls are still there. I learned that the first time his hair was cut...you can cut the hair, but you can't take away those adorable curls!

No comments:

Post a Comment