2.15.2013

#983

Time alone

I am an introvert. This means that I really need time alone. Having two small children, I don't get a whole lot of this, so when it does happen I try to seize every moment!

The past few weeks have been pretty hectic. One week Riley, Ella and I were all sick. One week Daniel worked a whole lot (well, more than he normally does), and then this past week, Daniel was sick. To say that I needed a break was an understatement. 

So, since Daniel was going to be out of town all day Saturday (tomorrow), I decided to load up the kids and head to Ya Ya's house for Friday & Saturday. Thursday night I text her and simply asked her to pray that I would get a good night's sleep (Ella's teething, again, so sleep this week has definitely been interrupted) and that I'd be patient because my fuse was very short. She said she'd pray and then about 30 minutes later sent me this text:
"I have a day after Valentine's Day gift for YOU! Pack your bag for a 1 night stay at a local hotel. You can check in any time you choose to do so tomorrow. SLEEP as late as you like on Saturday."

I began my time alone at 1:30 this afternoon by shopping (not only alone, but without any time constraints!) at Kohl's & Target. I then checked into the hotel and spent some time in the Word. If you haven't read Galatians lately, do it! Whew! Thank you, Jesus, for your AMAZING grace! I then made my way to Wal-Mart and Zaxby's for a delicious chicken salad. I am currently sitting on the bed in the hotel, watching Duck Dynasty and looking at a mostly eaten pint of Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream (if you haven't tried it, you are missing out!). 

Thank you, Lord, for my sweet and thoughtful mother-in-law, and thank you, Lord, for time alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment