2.07.2013

#987

Miracle Baby

It may be a little difficult to tell what you're looking at, but this is the sweet head of my newest nephew.
"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him." 
1 Samuel 1:27

I realize that every baby is a miracle.
This little boy is extra special to our family, though. I'm pretty sure every single inch of his body has been prayed for (and then some)! You see, my sweet sis, Jill, (technically my sister-in-law, but we call each other 'sis' because our relationship is so much more than anything that's created by the law) and brother, Chad, walked through 2 miscarriages in a year's time. I've known people who have had miscarriages, but until that time, it had never affected my family. And both times they called to tell me, I cried. Not only because my heart was breaking for them, but also because I had lost a niece or nephew. The hope I still hold onto is that one day we will get to meet those precious babies. What a day that will be!

I remember the day Jill found out she was pregnant with this amazing gift. It was October 26, 2012. We were all in Florida on vacation. I got up early that morning with Ella (because when we're not at home she wakes up extra early!). Jill came out into the living room not too long after. She said she'd been up since 5 am. When I asked why she said, "Do you really want to know? I'm pregnant." After a little scream (the rest of the house was still sleeping) and some "oh my goodness," I knew we had to do one thing right then and there. We needed to pray! In the kitchen of a beach house in Ormond Beach, FL, my sis and I prayed for this child. As I imagine Hannah doing in 1 Samuel 1, we begged God to protect the baby and bring it into the world healthy and strong. But above all, we prayed for God to be glorified.

Today I give HIM all the glory for the health of this baby and for answering so many prayers already! Jill is due July 2nd, and I cannot wait to meet the one we have prayed for (and will continue to until he appears!). We love you so much, Chad, Jill, CJ and baby boy!

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and of course made me cry! Thank you for writing this and for taking such interest and care in our lives. I love you! Baby Henage #2 can't wait to meet his Auntie LaLa!

    ReplyDelete