10.20.2009

Unworthy

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me,
bless His holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5


Today I am in complete awe of my Lord. You see, today is the day of 3's. What does that mean, you ask? Well, 3 years ago today, Daniel and I went on our first date. It was fall break, and I stayed in New Orleans to work. He went home for the first weekend, but then rushed back to "study," or so I thought! His real plan, which I found out later, was to spend the week pursuing me...and obviously, he did a great job! :) On October 20, 2006, we got up early and spent the morning fishing. If you know me at all, you know that I do not fish. It requires too much patience and too much SILENCE! But, when Daniel Riley Bramlett asked me to go fishing with him, I wasn't about to say no! After a fun day together, we spent the afternoon apart studying. We came back together that night to watch a movie, and when the movie was over Daniel bravely shared his feelings with me and we officially began pursuing the Lord's will for our relationship. Here's the first picture we took together...

I began this post by saying it was the day of 3's...so what's the other 3? Well, 3 months ago today this little man came into my life...

I never realized just how much my heart would SWELL with love for this little guy! I still get teary-eyed when I look at him - especially when he shows me that beautiful smile! I love everything about Riley, and I am completely amazed by the life God created inside of me.

Happy 3-month birthday, my favorite little boy!

So why did I title this post "Unworthy"? Because it is only by the GRACE of God that I have both of these men in my life! Grace means to be given something that you do not deserve. As a sinful human, I deserve death and nothing more. However, because of Jesus death on the cross and forgiveness of my sins, I am blessed with so much more than I deserve. Thank you, merciful Father, for saving me and truly giving me an abundant life! My life is Yours, and I desire nothing more than to glorify You in all I do and say.

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name be the glory because of your love and faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

No comments:

Post a Comment