1.05.2011

The number 3

3 = Father, Son & Holy Spirit - without which, I am nothing!
3 = the number of vehicles we currently own (one of which does not have a motor in it...)
3 = the amount of people in our little family
3 = the number of years it's been since I stood at the front of FBC Hope, AR and said "I do" to the man of my dreams!

That's right, 3 years ago TODAY (and almost the exact time of this post), Daniel and I became husband and wife. I am still amazed that I am married. I wanted to be married for so long, and the Lord told me several times that I would be, but there were lots of days when I had my doubts. Most of my close friends got married right out of college, so after I graduated college and the Lord sent me overseas for 2 years, I began to wonder when I might meet "Mr. Right."

And then it happened...I walked into class at New Orleans Baptist Seminary in August 2006. I had just moved back to N.O. after a year away due to Hurricane Katrina. To say that I was less than excited to be back is an understatement! (Cue Daniel's entrance) Daniel came into class very excited about life. I had no clue who he was, but I remember thinking at the time, "Who is this guy, and why is he so happy?" To make a long story short, we met, became friends and ministry partners, began dating and the rest is history! And he STILL has that same amount of excitement for life! For this realistic (not pessimistic...there's a difference!), glass always half-empty person, he has been such an encouragement and challenge to me! I can honestly say that I am a much better person because of him. The Lord has used Daniel to refine me in ways I never realized I needed. I am so thankful for a husband who will hold me accountable and not just say, "yes, honey. Whatever you say is right." The day those words come out of Daniel's mouth, I will literally fall over dead! LOL! But, that's a good thing! I prayed and prayed for a husband who would lead me spiritually and challenge me in my walk with the Lord. God is faithful, and He gave me SO much more than I asked for.

I thought I'd take a little walk down memory lane with some pictures...

Our first picture together (2 days after we started dating)
Daniel's 1st trip to Maryland to meet my family
My 1st trip to Arkansas to meet his family (he's standing on a dirt mound...I didn't shrink)
Day trip from N.O. to Perdido Key, FL
Dinner in the French Quarter with great friends
The day we got engaged (7.1.07) - even after I was soaking with sweat from climbing a mountain, he still wanted to ask me to marry him :)
My favorite of our engagement pictures
Just us
The big day arrived!
What's a wedding without a kiss?? :)
Our wonderful wedding party - we love them all dearly and are so thankful they were able to be a part of our special day
December 2010
I'm excited to see where we're headed as a family!
I love you, Daniel Bramlett, and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for our family! Thank you for making me laugh, holding me when I cry, loving our son unconditionally, leading our family in following Christ, and reminding me daily of your love for me. You will always be "my man," and for that I am eternally grateful to our Lord! "So let's grow old together, hand in hand..." (song by Dennis Jernigan)

No comments:

Post a Comment