1.24.2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Dad!
I am so thankful for my dad. I wish I had a more recent picture to share (this was taken in March 2010) because he's lost over 60 lbs since then. I'm SO proud of him!! To say that this man's life is a miracle is an understatement! God definitely has His hand on my dad and is not through with him yet. When I was in high school he had a heart attack. When I was in college he had quintuple bypass surgery. He also had a pacemaker put in. When I was in South Africa as a missionary for two years he had a pacemaker/defibrillator put in. Last year he found out he had diabetes. So, as you can see, he's had some major health problems in the past 15 years. There were days when I wasn't sure if he'd get to walk me down the aisle or meet my child(ren). Obviously, though, through God's mercies both occurred and I'm so grateful!

He is such a sweet man. He will give the shirt off of his back for those he loves and never think twice about it. He is an amazing cook and always likes to spoil us when we're visiting by fixing our favorite meals. He LOVES his two grandsons...it brings me so much joy to watch him interact with Riley and CJ. He's a great husband to my mom, and I'm thankful to say that they'll celebrate 42 years together in June.

I love you, Dad, and I hope you've had a wonderful day! I sure wish Texas and Maryland were closer so we could celebrate with you! Know that we're praying for you today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment