1.11.2011

S-N-O-W!!!

We moved to Hughes Springs on February 8, 2010 (can't believe it's almost been a year!) and on February 11, 2010, we received a big snow. I was so excited! I thought, "finally I'm back in a place where we'll get snow every year!" And then I started hearing..."don't get used to this!", "this hasn't happened in 30 years!", etc. So I came back down from the clouds and got used to the idea that snow wasn't going to happen every year in East Texas.

Last week my mom sent me a text (from this post and the last you can tell we're a texting family!) saying we were supposed to get snow over the weekend. I didn't think much about it because I heard all of the above voices in my head. And then, early Sunday morning the sleeting began. It sleeted until Sunday afternoon when the flakes started falling! The winter wonderland came back for another visit! Yay!

Evidence of the sleet
Let the snow begin!
I tried to get Daniel to go out in it with me, but he wasn't 'feeling' it (bet you didn't know he melts when he gets wet!)
Our front yard on Monday morning
Bundled up and ready to go!
Heading out...his first time to walk in snow, and he loved it!
What a mismatched adorable little boy! :) Can you tell we're not prepared for this kind of weather?!
Had to get a picture with the truck! (look at the icicles hanging off of it!)
Daniel attempting (key word) to sled
Our house!
Thank you, Lord, for the snow! Looking forward to writing 2012 on the car next year...hint, hint! :)
The "layering" area. This experience made me appreciate mothers with young ones in much colder places than here! It took us 20+ minutes just to get ready to go outside!

What a fun surprise this snow was! I'm so thankful for God's perfect gifts that He chooses to share with us to make us smile! I realize snow doesn't make everyone smile (especially my relatives who live in the Northeast!), but it does for this southern girl! Looking forward to next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment