9.08.2012

23 backwards

That's how old this man is today.


And who is this man, you may ask. Yes, this is my husband, the pastor of FBC Hughes Springs, the father of my children. He also thinks he has a chance in Hollywood. This past Wednesday night he was asked by the guy speaking to the youth to dress as a "thug." The guy was talking about appearances and how people aren't always on the inside the way they appear on the outside. He had Daniel come to the front and none of the youth knew who he was! When I saw him a little while later, he was so proud of himself! He said, "Babe! None of them knew it was me! Hollywood, here I come!" LOL!

So, maybe he shouldn't quit his day job, but I'm thankful he's such a good sport and a willing volunteer.

32 years ago he was born, and the Lord took 26 of those years to mold and shape him into the man I came to know as my "other half." That, he truly is. I joke with him all the time about us being "one." On many occasions I have picked up my phone to call him and my phone has started ringing because he's calling me. "See, we're one!" I say. And he just laughs. But I know he believes it, too. I look back on the years pre-2006 (the year we met), and I know the Lord was using our life experiences (good and bad) to prepare us not just for one another, but for the task He had for us as a couple and family.

And to say I am grateful is an understatement! IF we could ever pay the Lord back for the blessings He's given us (which, I know, this will never be possible!), I would owe Him SOOOOO much just for Daniel alone - not to mention our two precious babies, our supportive and loving families, our church family, and the list goes on and on.

So, as with everything else in my life, all I can do, Lord, is say THANK YOU and promise to use the blessings you've given me for YOUR glory! Thank you for my best friend and the love of my life! Thank you for creating him and choosing me to be his bride! Thank you for calling us to serve you TOGETHER!

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Psalm 115:1

Happy Birthday, my man! I'll love you 'til the day after forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment