5.22.2013

#948 - Sparkly Green Earrings

This Book


I had never heard of Melanie Shankle or this book until I went to the dotMOM Conference this past February. Melanie was one of the Emcee's at the event, and just in the short time I heard her, I absolutely fell in love with her sarcasm! When she mentioned she'd recently written a book about motherhood, I knew I needed to read it. Since I'm addicted to my Kindle and don't really care to hold real books anymore (besides the Bible, of course!), I asked for this book (among others) for my birthday. Thank you, Mom and Dad! (and what's even better, my mom got this book for her kindle for FREE last week!)

I have a horrible habit of starting a book and then jumping ship about halfway through. And if you have a Kindle, you know how easy it is to do! I'm proud to say that I began Sparkly Green Earrings last week, and I finished it last night about 9:30. That should tell you how great it is! I laughed a TON (I got several looks from Daniel while reading in bed - it's mommy humor, babe, sorry!), teared up in some places, and thought many times, "I'm so glad I'm not the only one!"

So, today, I am thankful for Melanie Shankle and the fact that she followed her 4th grade dream of one day writing a book. I sure hope there are more to come in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment