5.20.2013

#949 - Lord of Hosts

Whom Shall I Fear?

One of my new favorite songs is "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin. When it comes on the radio in the car, I usually want to just pull over and worship right there. However, the two littles in the back may have a problem with that, so I worship as I continue driving down the road.

Yesterday in Daniel's sermon he mentioned this song because he referred to the Lord of Hosts, which means "Lord of the Almighty's Armies." In the song, Chris Tomlin calls Him the God of Angel Armies. Basically, it means the God of the Universe who commands the angel armies is ALWAYS by my side. How thankful I am for the comfort found in this promise! Whom shall I fear when I have Him fighting for me?!

For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone...
"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:11-12, 14-16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment